Advanced Robotics Group, LLC is looking for select individuals who are seriously good at what they do and want to join a small elite team defying conventional wisdom regarding what is possible with robotics.
ARG is a driven team of technology experts developing a portfolio of non-consumer robots to operate fully autonomously in some exceptionally demanding environments. Accompanying our robotics solutions, we are refining a pioneering proprietary analytics platform providing deep insights from hundreds of terabytes of data. Over the last 10 years, we have developed solutions to a range of autonomous robotics and analytics challenges still thought to be impossible by the outside and are expanding and refining our portfolio of solutions before emerging from stealth and going to market with a global footprint.
We solve the most difficult challenges.
We need additional talented, driven individuals to join our Team, and we recently expanded into a second technology development office in Houston giving us over 14,000 square feet of long-term space to help accommodate our growth.
We compensate generously and provide full medical, disability, and vision coverage, plus fun lunches, and a stocked kitchen.
As a Software Engineer, you will be leading the enablement of autonomous operations for high-performance, non-consumer platforms. You will:
- Collaborate with a dynamic group of innovative professionals and entrepreneurs
- Use most everything you currently know and more to execute world-class, production level software
- Think broadly and develop production-ready solutions to industry wide problems
- Supplement and integrate an array of open-source elements with proprietary approaches, and
- Grow rapidly professionally
What we’re looking for:
- Fluency in Modern C++ and code optimization techniques
- Demonstrated strong software engineering and design fundamentals
Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals – compilers, linkers, Cake, etc.
- Excellent general structured problem-solving and software architecture skills
- Experience with code benchmarking and profiling tools (Google Benchmarking Framework, perf, etc.)
- Experience with version control systems
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Personal discipline to maintain strict confidentiality instinctively
- Desire to make a multi-year commitment
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, or a related field
Nice to haves:
- 3+ years of related experience
- Experience developing production-quality software
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- Knowledge of SOLID design principles
- Experience with autonomous robotics
Location: Main development center in Houston, Texas
Due to the confidential nature of our activities, we aren’t able to share specifics with you now, but know that these robotics solutions will have a significant impact on both safety and the environment, thus making the world better.