Advanced Robotics Group, LLC is looking for select individuals who are seriously good at what they do and want to join a small elite team defying conventional wisdom regarding what is possible with robotics.
ARG is a driven team of technology experts developing a portfolio of non-consumer robots to operate fully autonomously in some exceptionally demanding environments. Accompanying our robotics solutions, we are refining a pioneering proprietary analytics platform providing deep insights from hundreds of terabytes of data. Over the last 10 years, we have developed solutions to a range of autonomous robotics and analytics challenges still thought to be impossible by the outside and are expanding and refining our portfolio of solutions before emerging from stealth and going to market with a global footprint.
We solve the most difficult challenges.
We need additional talented, driven individuals to join our Team, and we recently expanded into a second technology development office in Houston giving us over 14,000 square feet of long-term space to help accommodate our growth.
We compensate generously and provide full medical, disability, and vision coverage, plus fun lunches, and a stocked kitchen.
As a Software Engineer – Python, you will:
- Process data at massive scale to generate critical business insights
- Apply Computer Vision and Robotics algorithms to deliver unprecedented value to our customers
- Create insights and visualizations to drive our internal development processes
- Collaborate with motivated roboticists and web developers to find the best solutions to complex robotics problems
What we’re looking for:
- At least 2 years of programming experience with Python
- Experience with computer vision algorithms
- Experience with big data visualizations
- Experience with common Python data science packages
- Excellent software development practices
- Ability to work autonomously on open-ended problems
- Detail-oriented personality, care about getting it right, not just functional
- Excited by the challenge of enabling peak performance of cutting-edge hardware
- Personal discipline to maintain strict confidentiality instinctively
- Desire to make a multi-year commitment
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Robotics, or a related technical field
Nice to haves:
- Experience with big data pipelines
- Experience with Kalman filtering for fusing information from many sources of data
- Experience with C/C++ bindings for Python
- Understanding of web fundamentals
Location: Main development center in Houston, Texas
Due to the confidential nature of our activities, we aren’t able to share specifics with you now, but know that these robotics solutions will have a significant impact on both safety and the environment, thus making the world better.