Advanced Robotics Group, LLC is looking for select individuals who are seriously good at what they do and want to join a small elite team defying conventional wisdom regarding what is possible with robotics.
ARG is a driven team of technology experts developing a portfolio of non-consumer robots to operate fully autonomously in some exceptionally demanding environments. Accompanying our robotics solutions, we are refining a pioneering proprietary analytics platform providing deep insights from hundreds of terabytes of data. Over the last 10 years, we have developed solutions to a range of autonomous robotics and analytics challenges still thought to be impossible by the outside and are expanding and refining our portfolio of solutions before emerging from stealth and going to market with a global footprint.
We solve the most difficult challenges.
We need additional talented, driven individuals to join our Team, and we recently expanded into a second technology development office in Houston giving us over 14,000 square feet of long-term space to help accommodate our growth.
We compensate generously and provide full medical, disability, and vision coverage, plus fun lunches, and a stocked kitchen.
As a Robotics Software Engineer, you will be leading the enablement of autonomous operations for high-performance, non-consumer platforms. You will:
- Collaborate with a dynamic group of innovative professionals and entrepreneurs
- Use most everything you currently know and more to execute world-class autonomous operations
- Think broadly and develop production-ready solutions to industry-wide problems
- Engage with cutting-edge, world-class mechatronics infrastructures
- Direct simulations and physical tests to ensure exceptional robustness and reliability for your solutions
- Supplement and integrate an array of open-source elements with proprietary approaches, and
- Grow rapidly professionally
What we’re looking for:
- Passion for robotics and a deep desire to see your efforts come to life
- Deep knowledge of localization and mapping techniques
- Experience with path planning and navigation
- Experience with system integration and system-level design
- Experience in ROS and desire to think beyond ROS to develop core software
- Excellent general structured problem-solving and software architecture skills
- Demonstrated strong software engineering and design fundamentals
- Fluency in Modern C++ and optimization techniques
- Ability to incorporate new best-in-class technologies quickly and reliably
- Personal discipline to maintain strict confidentiality instinctively
- Desire to make a multi-year commitment
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, or a related field
Nice to haves:
- 3+ years of related experience
- Experience developing production-quality software and reusing system
- architecture across projects
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- Extensive practical robotics experience
- Experience with embedded and real-time systems
- Experience in simulation environments
Location: Main development center in Houston, Texas
Due to the confidential nature of our activities, we aren’t able to share specifics with you now, but know that these robotics solutions will have a significant impact on both safety and the environment, thus making the world better.