Advanced Robotics Group, LLC is looking for Full Stack Developers who are seriously good at what they do and want to join a small elite team defying conventional wisdom regarding what is possible with robotics.
As a Full Stack Developer, you will create the software that enables our customers to engage with our industry-changing, data-driven product. This role is truly full-stack with a range of opportunities extending from UI / UX design, back-end architecture for supporting Big Data with high-performance requirements, and DevOps ensuring security, reliability, and robustness.
Advanced Robotics Group is a driven team of technology experts developing a portfolio of non-consumer robots to operate fully autonomously in some exceptionally demanding environments. Accompanying our robotics solutions, we are refining a pioneering proprietary analytics platform providing deep insights from hundreds of terabytes of data. Over the last 10 years, we have developed solutions to a range of autonomous robotics and analytics challenges still thought to be impossible by the outside and are expanding and refining our portfolio of solutions before emerging from stealth and going to market with a global footprint.
We solve the most difficult challenges.
We need additional talented, driven individuals to join our Team, and we recently expanded into a second technology development office in Houston giving us over 14,000 square feet of long-term space to help accommodate our growth.
We compensate generously including stock options and provide full medical, disability, and vision coverage, plus fun lunches and a stocked kitchen.
In this role you will:
● Promote our core robotics business through development, deployment, and support of our data management and visualization platform,
● Create the software that provides geographical visualizations of terabytes of data collected from unmanned robotic missions,
● Tackle unique requirements and deliver innovative solutions to previously impossible problems, while delivering high-performance user experiences with Big Data requirements,
● Build rapid expertise in world-class technologies and grow as a technical leader and product owner,
● Collaborate with a motivated interdisciplinary development team in a creative, organic start-up environment focused on delivering highly innovative solutions,
● Work extensively with Python, Django, TypeScript, React/Redux/DeckGL, and PostgreSQL as well as other tools,
● Practice production worthy coding standards including linting, type checking, automated testing, and peer reviews.
What we’re looking for:
● Self-driven project owner, ready to embrace an exciting challenge with real-world impact
● Passion for growth and excellence in delivering high quality, detail-oriented solutions
● Experience with React or similar frameworks (Vue, Svelte, Solid, etc) for single-page applications
● Experience with PostgreSQL and MongoDB (or similar SQL and NoSQL technologies)
● Experience with Git and excellent software development practices
● Personal discipline to maintain strict confidentiality instinctively
● BS/MS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field with 2+ years of applicable industry experience
Nice to haves:
● Experience with containerization technologies like Docker or Kubernetes
● Experience with cloud-based architectures and deployment (AWS or Azure)
● Experience with Data Pipelines, Airflow, or other similar technologies
● Experience with CI/CD pipelines
● Experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
Location: Main development center in Houston, Texas
Due to the confidential nature of our activities, we aren’t able to share specifics with you now, but know that these robotics solutions will have a significant impact on both safety and the environment, thus making the world better.