Advanced Robotics Group, LLC is looking for select individuals who are seriously good at what they do and want to join a small elite team defying conventional wisdom regarding what is possible with robotics.
ARG is a driven team of technology experts developing a portfolio of non-consumer robots to operate fully autonomously in some exceptionally demanding environments. Accompanying our robotics solutions, we are refining a pioneering proprietary analytics platform providing deep insights from hundreds of terabytes of data. Over the last 10 years, we have developed solutions to a range of autonomous robotics and analytics challenges still thought to be impossible by the outside and are expanding and refining our portfolio of solutions before emerging from stealth and going to market with a global footprint.
We solve the most difficult challenges.
We need additional talented, driven individuals to join our Team, and we recently expanded into a second technology development office in Houston giving us over 14,000 square feet of long-term space to help accommodate our growth.
We compensate generously and provide full medical, disability, and vision coverage, plus fun lunches, and a stocked kitchen.
What we’re looking for:
- Collaborate with a dynamic group of innovative professionals and entrepreneurs
- Build world-class expertise in cutting-edge technologies growing as a technical leader and product owner
- Inform and inspire our team of robotics engineers by using data-driven results to provide performance feedback
- Collaborate with a motivated hardware development team to find the best solutions to problems
- Apply a scientific mindset for enforcing data quality standards and transparent reporting
- Develop tools for qualifying data reliability and reporting
- Develop tools and methods for efficiently handling big data in a timely manner
- Investigate, design, and implement predictive models and Machine Learning solutions for complex problems in classification and time series analysis
Nice to haves:
- Substantial experience with Python
- BS/MS/PhD in a STEM field
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Strong math and statistics skills
- Ability to take the lead in pursuing solutions to open-ended problems
- Passion for hands-on innovation, ability to plan trials and leam from their results
- A critical eye for data quality and scientific integrity
- Desire to explore data in new and insightful ways
As a Data Scientist, you will:
- 5+ years of related experience
- Experience with R, C++, Linux
- Experience in the following areas is a plus: Parallel Processing, Computer vision, Big Data, Git, Jira, Production coding standards
Location: Main development center in Houston, Texas
Due to the confidential nature of our activities, we aren’t able to share specifics with you now, but know that these robotics solutions will have a significant impact on both safety and the environment, thus making the world better.